Likemind works with people who share our approach to work and living.
We are about adding value, connecting the dots, and delivering a solution to take the pain away. We believe that when the right connections are made, amazing things can happen.
Likemind is thrilled to be working with the Ministry of Education to find exceptional procurement professionals for the role of Principal Procurement Specialist – Infrastructure. We are looking for two candidates for this important role; one in a permanent position and one in a 12-month fixed term capacity. As an important role within the Te Puna Rangatōpū group you will shape procurement solutions which maximise the benefits and outcomes that the Ministry and schools receive from their expenditure.
As an experienced procurement practitioner, you will mentor senior members and help with management of the team, including supporting development of business cases and complex capital works and infrastructure procurements. You will develop sourcing strategies and procurement plans, as well as lead evaluations and facilitate contract negotiation and award processes. As a key member of the procurement team, you will drive procurement excellence and continuous improvement within the Ministry.
Using your experience, you will share your specialist knowledge to support decision making, lead the development of improvements or plans for future solutions, and provide advice and support for issue resolution. On a daily basis, you will work closely with teams in a collaborative and positive working environment, promoting teamwork and sharing of information. You will be required to solve and deliver on complex procurement challenges, so experience and excellent stakeholder management skills are required.
In addition, you will bring the following skills and capabilities:
If you feel you could add value to this role, and this important mahi, we would love to hear from you today! Please note, that you must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand. Background and various pre-employment checks are part of the recruitment process. We are an equal-opportunity employer. We do all we can to encourage collaborative and diverse working environments throughout Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Outstanding commercial nous, including an understanding of service value and how to minimise contract risks
- Excellent relationship management and stakeholder engagement skills including the ability to influence, guide and consult with a broad range of interested and impacted parties
- A positive attitude, an enthusiasm and passion for procurement and shaping how it can benefit and support organisational outcomes
- Clear, concise, and articulate verbal and written communication skills
- Well organised, responsive, and able to operate in a fast-paced environment.